Saturday, November 9, 2013

Saco River Project and Omeka

Right from the start we all divided into groups to decide who would work on what for the project.  I was happy to find out that I got the publications and the media part of the project because that is what caught my eye first.  Although I didn't have a partner to work with, I was still happy with the results.  In the beginning of the project we all got straight to work adding items and filling out the dublin core for each of them.  This took some getting used to, but it wasn't difficult work.  My first problem that I came across was with the file size limit.  I had items that were far larger than the 2MB I was allowed and I couldn't put certain items on the site.  Thankfully this was resolved and now the file size limit is 100MB.
When we went to the Mcarthur Library I was able to help out other people with their projects, and I believe that if I need help later down the line, I will have plenty of classmates willing to help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment