Saturday, November 23, 2013

Saco River Project and Omeka 3

I had difficulty choosing my last exhibit, but what I ended up doing was showing UNE's involvement with the project.  Obviously they were with the project all the way, but I had a few items that showed who and how they made it happen.  I also added how they informed people about the project via flyers, posters, etc, and what kind of feedback that students have gotten.
All together this project was a success, but is still a work in progress.  We have a total of 199 items on our site and that is more than I ever thought we would have, but there is so much more that this project has to offer.  Somewhere down the road this Omeka project could be picked back up and taken to another level, but our part is taken care of.  We provided a base and a solid foundation for what this project includes, what sorts of species live in and on the river, where the river is located, and even given added some of its history.  When you look at the project as a whole we've done a lot and it feels good to make a contribution.
Omeka was a great site to use, and after learning the ways around the site, it was easy to add things to collections and exhibits.  I wouldn't hesitate to use Omeka in the future if the opportunity presents itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment