Sunday, November 24, 2013

Remediation Project

For my project I choose a project from my 2D design class.  Initially in this class I thought I would be doing a lot of drawings, but as it turned out I ended up doing a lot of hands on work like the one I'm about to talk about.  So for this project we were told to "Make our Face" and other than a few restrictions we didn't get a lot of instruction.  I was pretty dumbfounded at first on what to do, but after some thought, I came up with the idea to make my face out of two things that I love; tootsie rolls and starbursts.  It was a unique idea, but I was willing to try it out.
I think that my remediated version of this project can be some sort of a photo story of my project.  I'm not sure if I will do simply a photo gallery with captions, but I think it could be interesting if I could put the pictures I have on a video and overlay it with my voice.  The only thing that makes me hesitate this idea would be the ability to do it because I haven't done it before and I don't know if I have the right software for it.  Either way, that is my idea.
This project would be very hypermediated.  It is a step by step process and i'm looking to inform the audience of a process that I took.  It will be broken down into steps and it will not be transparent.  The different mediums I will use will be images for sure, and maybe video and maybe sound depending on figuring how to do a voiceover.
I think my key primitive is illustration because that's what my project depicts.  It's an illustration of my process and how I made my project happen.  The pictures will provide the visual element and my voice will illustrate how it relates to the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment